EVERMAY ESTATE IN GEORGETOWN

6/14/2010

Power in baldness

“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Baldness has genius, power, and magic in it”

This is a great quote attributed to Goethe, and I ran across it on a real estate web site. If you look at my picture on my blog you will note that I am bald. So you can imagine how excited I was to see that someone as famous as Goethe had memorialized what I have always known to be true.

However, having sung a lot of German songs set to texts by Goethe, it struck me that this didn’t really sound like something he would have written. So I googled it. Not surprisingly I found that this quote doesn’t come from Goethe…not to mention the fact that the quote isn’t about “bald” guys, but rather about “bold” guys.

Either way, I’m on board…a bold, bald guy!

1 comment: