What's New in New Housing Design
· Appliance Drawers. Small warning drawers, modest-sized dishwasher drawers for small loads, refrigerator drawers and microwave drawers.
· Counter-depth refrigerators. Some are only 24 inches deep.
· Motion-detecting faucets. Like you'd find in the restrooms of businesses.
· LED (light-emitting diode) lighting. These are used under cabinets and in ceiling fixtures as a longer-lasting, more efficient alternative to compact fluorescent lamps and incandescent bulbs.
· Electric heated floors. A nice touch in bathrooms,
· Showers with multiple heads and body sprays. Bathtubs are out.
Source: The Washington Post (09/25/2010)